YDC Youth Ambassadors Programme
The YDC Youth Ambassadors Programme (the YA Programme) is a flagship youth talent development programme co-organised by the Home Affairs Bureau (HAB) and the Youth Development Commission (YDC). First introduced in 2017 and regularised in 2019, the YA Programme aims at identifying and grooming a cadre of young talents who see themselves as future leaders in various fields, who are passionate to serve society, and who are willing to strive for the betterment of the country and Hong Kong.
The “YDC Youth Ambassadors Alumni Association” has been set up under the YA Programme to provide a platform for the Youth Ambassadors (YAs) of previous cohorts to keep in close contact, share their experience as “mentors” with the incumbent YAs and, continue their active participation in large-scale government events/activities as well as social service activities organised by the YAs.
YDC Youth Ambassadors Programme 2022
The YA Programme 2022 serves to:
- identify and nurture a cadre of youth talents with strong commitment and passion in public affairs and serving the Hong Kong community;
- provide participants with top-notch training and unique exposure opportunities, as well as a platform for young people to engage in public policy discussion and community building; and
- enhance participants’ understanding in the latest developments in Hong Kong and the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, as well as in the national and international arenas.
The YAs will receive top-notch and comprehensive training covering aspects such as public affairs, national and international developments, leadership skills and personal development.
YAs will also conduct direct and in-depth exchanges with Principal Officials, senior corporate executives, leading academics as well as other leaders from the public and private sectors through the YA Programme.
Other unparalleled exposure opportunities under the programme include:
- participating in large-scale Government events (including events in celebration of the 25th anniversary of the establishment of the HKSAR in 2022) and international conferences held in town;
- leading real-life community projects and formulating innovative solutions for the betterment of society;
- participating in visits/exchanges in the Mainland and overseas (subject to the development of the pandemic)
- participating in national and international events outside Hong Kong (subject to the development of the pandemic)
- being considered for appointment to Government advisory bodies after programme completion, etc.
The YA Programme is FREE for all participants (relevant costs for training and activities to be borne by the government)
Young people who are:
- aged between 18 and 30 (as at 1 January 2022);
- Hong Kong permanent identity card holders;
- in possession of excellent language, communication, problem-solving and leadership skills;
- passionate in serving the Hong Kong community and striving for the future of our country and Hong Kong; and
- fully vaccinated by 17 December 20211 or supported by a valid medical certificate indicating that the concerned individual is unfit to receive COVID-19 vaccination due to medical conditions2.
How to Participate?
Thank you for the support. Nomination for the YA Programme 2022 is now closed.
Please stay tuned for our future programme recruitment.
1This means an individual has received the necessary doses as stipulated in the guidelines of a COVID-19 vaccination course recognized by the HKSAR Government on or before 17 December 2021.
2The organiser(s) of certain constituent events and activities under the YA Programme (e.g. large scale/international events, non-local activities, etc.) may require all participants to be fully vaccinated. Those YAs who are unfit to receive COVID-19 vaccination due to medical conditions may not be able to participate in these activities.