Scheme on Corporate Summer Internship on the Mainland and Overseas
The Government is committed to providing quality internship opportunities on the Mainland and overseas to broaden the horizons of Hong Kong young people. In March 2018, the Government forged partnership with local major companies to launch the Scheme on Corporate Summer Internship on the Mainland and Overseas on a pilot basis for young people to intern at the Mainland and overseas operations of these companies.
In view of the success of the pilot scheme, the Chief Executive announced in her 2018 Policy Address that the Government will expand the Scheme in 2019 to provide young people with more internship opportunities in different places. The number of participating companies has increased to 18 in 2019, providing more than 280 internship placements in total which cover multiple industries, such as financial services, energy, property development and public utilities services. Under the Scheme, participating companies will administer and fund their own internship projects, whereas the Government will arrange high profile publicity for the Scheme and participating companies, as well as a wide range of activities for interns to enrich their learning experience and broaden their exposure. Through the concerted efforts of the Government and participating companies, we hope to groom a cadre of young talents with a global vision, good understanding of the work culture in major companies and in different places, as well as useful interpersonal networks on the Mainland and overseas.
- Participating companies will provide quality summer internship placements for young people outside Hong Kong.
- Participating companies will bear major costs pertaining to the internship, including airfare and accommodation, to ensure that deserving young people will not be barred from joining the Scheme due to lack of means. They will also deploy dedicated staff to provide training and support to the interns.
- The Government will arrange a wide range of activities to enrich the learning experience and exposure of the interns.
Participating Companies in 2019
Internship Placements in 2019
Each participating company will provide internship placements in their offices and/or those of their subsidiary/affiliated companies on the Mainland and overseas. For details of the placements offered, please click here.
Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
- being holders of valid Hong Kong Permanent Identity Cards; and
- being current undergraduate or postgraduate students.
Telephone Number: 3509 7033
Email Address: email@example.com